What’s Christmas without some great food! Don’t worry if you are busy, don’t have the equipment or you’re not exactly a cook..we have you covered! Here are the easiest Christmas recipes you can quickly make and enjoy!
1) Cake In A Cooker (Eggless)
1 Cup Maida
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
40 gms Butter
1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 Tsp Sugar
1 Cup Salt
1/3rd Cup Water
– Grease a pan with butter and keep aside
– Place the pressure cooker over a low flame. Remove the rubber ring from the lid, and the whistle.
– Spread the salt in the cooker.
– Place a mixing bowl beneath a sieve (Chalni). Add the maida, baking powder, butter and a pinch of salt and sift.
– Sprinkle the vanilla essence all over the mixed maida.
– In a pan, mix 1/4th cup butter, condensed milk, sugar and 1/3rd cup water. Heat this on a slow flame. Stir till the butter melts.
– Let it boil. Once it is boiled, immediately add it to the maida mixture.
– Whisk the batter well. The consistency should be neither too thick nor too thin (If the batter gets too thick, add 1/4th cup hot water)
– Pour the batter in the pan.
– Place a heat proof stand/rack in the cooker. Put the pan on top of it.
– Place the lid tightly on the cooker.
– Bake on a low flame till the cake turns golden (It will take 35-50 mins)
– The top should be golden. When you put a toothpick through the center, it should come out clean without any sticky batter.
– Let the cake cool down at room temperature, then remove it from the mould.
2) Garlic Bread Rolls
INGREDIENTS (FOR THE DOUGH)
1.5 Cups Atta
2 Tsp Maida
1 Tsp Dry Yeast
2/3rd Cup Water
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Salt
FOR THE GARLIC SPREAD
2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
Pinch of celery/dhania
Pinch of Oregano
2 tsp Ajwain
1/2 Tsp Oil
Salt & Pepper as required
MAKING THE DOUGH
– Mix sugar & yeast in warm water. Let it rest at room temperature for 10-12 mins.
– Once it seems frothy & bubbled, Add atta, maida, salt & oil.
– Mix well to make a soft dough.
– Rub oil all over it & keep it covered for 1.30-2 hrs.
BAKING THE ROLLS
– Beat the butter till it’s light & fluffy. Then, add the spices, herbs & salt.
– Lightly punch the dough and spread it to make rolls.
– Divide the dough into 2 parts.
– Take one part of dough (placed on slightly dusted maida). Roll into a circle/rectangle till you get 1/2 inch of width.
– Spread the garlic butter evenly on the dough.
– Roll dough till the end.
– Repeat the process with the other part.
– Give a Cut from the center, and cut the two parts equally.
– Grease a pan in which all parts can fit and place the rolls in it.
– Brush tops with remaining Garlic Butter. Cover up and let the rolls double up for 35-40 mins.
– Bake the rolls in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 mins at 180 degree Celsius, till the tops are golden.
3) Smashed Potato Roast
– 1/2 Kg Small Potatoes Kept Whole
– 1/2 Kg Large Potatoes Cut in Half
– 100ml Sunflower Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
– Salt/Pepper/Herbs for seasoning (Upon your Taste)
– Pre-Heat oven to 200 Degree Celsius
– Put Potatoes in a Large Pan filled with cold & salted water. Boil and cook for 15 mins. (You’ll know it is done when the knife can be placed in the middle of a potato with little resistance.
– Drain the water, and let it dry completely (You can pass it over steam to make sure it dries quickly)
– Arrange potatoes in a large roasting tin, leaving enough space between them. Push them down with a knife so that they break slightly. Season and drizzle the oil over it.
– Roast for an hour, until it is golden and crispy.