Festive season means one thing : sweets! And more sweets. Being the most hectic time of the year, we sometimes tend to forget that there might be visitors coming over! This puts us in a fix. Well, worry not! We’ve put together a list of the most popular sweet recipes. They’re yummy & easy to make!
1) Besan Ke Ladoo
– 2 Cups Besan
– 2/3rd Cups Ghee
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 4 green cardamom (choti elaichi)
– 1 cup raisins (kishmish)
– Slowly roast the besan in a kadai in a low flame for 10-12 mins. Ensure it remains brown and is not burnt.
– While this is going on, melt the ghee and keep it aside.
– After the besan is roasted, add the ghee & continuously stir for 5-6 mins.
– Once the ghee is released, the besan will start to give a roasted fragrance. Switch off the fire and put the kadai to rest.
– Add the powdered sugar and stir to ensure there are no lumps.
– Add the cardamom and raisin. Continue to stir till the mixture becomes completely smooth.
– Cool it down to room temperature. Once it is cooled down, complete making ladoos by rolling them with your hands.
2) Kaju Katli
– 2 Cups Powdered Cashews
– 2 Tsp Ghee
– 1/2 Cup Water
– 1 Cup Sugar
– 2 Tsp Milk
– Take a shallow pan and heat in on medium flame.
– Add the water. Then, add sugar in it and stir continuously until it is fully mixed
– Bring the syrup to a boil until it reaches to one string consistency.
– Add the powdered cashews and stir well till it starts to thicken. Then, remove it from the burner.
– Transfer this cashew paste to a large plate/bowl and allow it to cool slightly.
– Flatten this cashew dough. Grease a plate with ghee and transfer it there.
– Roll the dough till it is evenly spread out on the plate.Allow it to cool completely and cut the dough in small diamond shapes.
3) Rice Kheer
– 5 Cups Milk, full cream
– 1/4 Cup Rice (washed)
– 1/2 Cup Sugar
– 8/10 Raisins (Kishmish)
– 4 Green cardamoms (Elaichi)
– 8/10 Powdered Almonds (Badam)
– Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan/kadhai
– Stir occasionally on a low flame till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
– Once it’s done, add sugar, raisins and cardamoms.
– Stir till the sugar gets dissolved properly.
– Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
We hope that this helps make your day sweeter!