Instagram is one of the most popular mobile applications in the world. India has third highest number of Instagram users with 59 million. Its design is extremely simple. All you need to do is scroll down, and you will be able to see photos of accounts you have followed. Therefore, Instagram’s attractive design and ease of use give you the opportunity to create quick connections with users. That is why you should take advantage of this platform. In today’s post, we share the basics of Instagram marketing and how it will strengthen your brand.
Your objectives from Instagram marketing should be the following :
- Make users feel that you are an affectionate and approachable brand.
- Making sure you have a lot of followers interested in your brand and ready to buy your products.
- Constantly checking the latest posting trends & updating yourself.
How to achieve this? Read on to find out!
1) Creating An Instagram Business Profile
You need to create an Instagram business profile to start things off. It gives you more details about your followers and lets you advertise your posts. Follow these guidelines to create an attractive profile.
- Keep your brand logo as the display picture.
- Have an attractive description. The description are the first words that users will notice. It should explain your vision, what makes you unique and how your brand fulfils user needs. All of this should be written in short sentences. End it with the link of your store, so that users can directly visit it.
2) Making Appropriate Posts
After completing your profile, you can start posting images of your products. Your photos have to stand out, since Instagram users are used to high qual. Our previous post will help you in this regard. However, Instagram is not simply about the photos. Each post has a number of different elements which you need to be aware of.
- Description: The post description of each post should explain how it fulfils user needs. That is why you should put it down as a little story. Do this with a short and attractive caption. Explain how your product is different and can help users instead of what it does.
- Hashtags: Hashtags are used to identify messages on a specific topic. They are written after the description. For eg: if you have products specific to Father’s Day you should use the hashtag #FathersDay among others. A simple internet search will show you which hashtags you should use for your product.
- Location: Each post lets you post the location where you are posting from. This makes each post more relatable as it shows where the brand is coming from.
- Connect To Other Profiles: Instagram gives you the option to share your posts with other social media profiles. You can use this option to increase your social media presence.
3) Constant Interaction And Communication
One of Instagram’s biggest strengths is that it is a very personal medium. You should take full advantage of this fact and have many interactions. Always reply to users commenting on your post, regardless of them being positive or negative. Commenting on popular Instagram users and pages will help other users notice you. You can get noticed here through short messages that are emoji based.
4) Sharing Instagram Stories
Stories are an extremely popular Instagram feature. They are photos are videos which disappear after 24 hours. Instagram stories are featured right at the top. Hence, users have a tendency to scroll through them first. The different between stories and posts is that stories only show the image and not the description. However, you can place a short written description or other media upon the image. Stories can be utilised to provide a fun/impersonal image of the brand.
5) Posting Frequently To Boost Instagram Marketing
To get off to the ideal Instagram start, you need to post and comment quite frequently. This includes 4-5 weekly posts, a few stories each day and interactions through comments. Constantly doing these activities will help your profile reach out to more users.
These are the very basics of Instagram marketing. All of the above mentioned activities will help you get off to a start as far as Instagram is concerned. It will help you take the best advantage of this medium. More importantly, it will help create your presence in social media. And that will ultimately lead to an increased number of sales. Good Luck!